Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for CC using HH income.......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for CC using HH income.......

Hi, I am so happy that I now have no baddies on my report after writing a GW letter for an item that was paid (a medical collection...long story). The item was promptly removed from my reports and my scores are in the HIGH 600-725 range now YEAH! I finally broke 700! THANKS SO MUCH TO THIS BOARD! I'm a stay at home mother (I have my own checking, savings account (s), and investments). However, I am not bringing in an income per se. My husband has a great income. We have one joint card together and he has a couple in his own name. I have none in my name alone now. I had some before becoming a stay at home mom but closed those accounts at the time (again, before knowing that it was not good to close accounts). Anyway, I want to apply for a card through my bank and get one store card...just to use for FICO building/maintenance. And also just because I just want a card with my OWN name alone (smile) again. I'm not sure how to go about applying using HH income. How does this work? Will they have to pull my husbands Credit report? Will I be required to send in any documentation? I'd just like to know before I go to apply. I've never had to apply using HH income before. Thanks and I appreciate all answers from both men and women on this issue.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for CC using HH income.......

Anyone? Well, I guess I could just phone the CC companies right? Thanks!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't remember seeing an area where we could input spouse's info on a CC app. so I'm gonna have to advice you to call the CC companies. If you really want a credit card on your own without having to need income then you could get a shared secure card from a credit union (I don't know about other CUs or banks but my CU doesn't require income or a job for that matter).
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I'm going to call the companies in the morning. I know there is no area where you can input the spouses income but I do know that you are able to put down your household income...... I just became joint owner on another of my husbands accounts (American Express). So that's good too but I still want a card of my own. Now I have two joints (American Express and Mastercard). I guess the CC companies are the only ones who can give me a definitive answer on this issue. I just wanted to see if anyone had this experience here (a stay at home mother or a husband with a stay at home wife). Thanks again!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.