cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are TU and EX scores FAKO or is something else going on?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are TU and EX scores FAKO or is something else going on?

I just pulled my free annual credit reports and paid for the scores from all 3 companies (even though I have ScoreWatch from EQ).  The EQ report was exactly what I have on my EQ account (with FICO from 300-850).  However, the TU and EX show scores considerably higher (150-175 points higher) because they are based from 500 - 990.   Is that normal for TU and EX to do that?  Are their scores FICO scores or some other scoring methodology?  Is there any formula to calculate the TU & EX scores using the same method as EQ?

TIA.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are TU and EX scores FAKO or is something else going on?

@Anonymous wrote:
I just pulled my free annual credit reports and paid for the scores from all 3 companies (even though I have ScoreWatch from EQ). The EQ report was exactly what I have on my EQ account (with FICO from 300-850). However, the TU and EX show scores considerably higher (150-175 points higher) because they are based from 500 - 990. Is that normal for TU and EX to do that? Are their scores FICO scores or some other scoring methodology? Is there any formula to calculate the TU & EX scores using the same method as EQ?
TIA.

The scores normally offered on the main Experian and TransUnion websites are called FAKOS (not FICO). FAKOS are proprietary scores that are not generally used by lenders and should be ignored. The only place to get the FICO score for your Experian report is MyFico. You can get the FICO score for your TransUnion report from MyFico or from TU Consumer Solutions at transunioncs dot com (not the main TU site).
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.