New Contributor
Hairy_Satchel

Are disputed accounts factored into FICO score?

I disputed a baddie with EQ about a month ago. It still shows on my report but my score has gone up 51 points. Do they count disputed accounts when factoring FICO scores?
Contributor
tryingtoreach700

Re: Are disputed accounts factored into FICO score?

I wish I could say for sure, but I've really heard it both ways & have no evidence to support that it is or isn't factored in. I've have filed disputes and had a big decrease & later rose back up by the same amount & I've filed many without any scorechange what so ever. Except for a slight increase if something came back in my favor. I'm sure this is why someone hasn't answered yet , because no one wants to mislead you. I would read up on the forums & I'm sure you may find another answer. Is it possible you just recently paid down a lot on creditcard balances? Had some inquiries or a birthday? Maybe even if it was verified it was updated in a way that is seen as less negative. Passably you changed buckets somehow.  Just look a little closer at your reports & post any changes you see& someone can possibly give you some insight.
3 09 EQ 802 TU 695 EX???
3 09 EQ 802 TU 693 EX ???
JAN EQ 791 TU 685 EX 693
New Contributor
Hairy_Satchel

The only other recent change was a $100 medical collection that was PIF using the HIPPA process last week. The account was over 4 years old. But I had no idea that it would raise my score by over 50 points. I'm firmly in the 700 club and running out of things to fix on my reports. I guess I will need to get a new hobby like a house or something. Thanks for the reply :-)

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Paying a collection will not help your score, unless the collection is removed via HIPAA process or a PFD.

It has to be the dispute.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
New Contributor
Hairy_Satchel

Since I have done just about everything in the book and everthing has worked, it doesn't really matter. I do know that it takes Fico scores time to catch up. Thanks again to everyone at Myfico credit repair forum.

5/09 TU 809 EQ 728 EX 800
4/09 TU 789 EQ 676 EX 696
2/09 TU 783 EQ 731 EX ???
2/09 TU 678 EQ 674 EX 676
12/08 TU 611 EQ 659 EX 620
2/07 TU 570 EQ 565 EX 550
myhouse2012

What is a PFD?

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

myhouse2012 wrote:

What is a PFD?

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+