Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are lenders pulling EQ08?

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Are lenders pulling EQ08?

Does anyone know if/which lenders are pulling EQ08 now?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Are lenders pulling EQ08?

If you look at the credit pulls database, there are huge numbers of entries for lenders who pull EQ.

I don't know which ones pull EQ 08, EQ 04, bankcard enhanced, NextGen / Pinnacle, EQ 08 + proprietary scoring system, and so on.

It may be somewhat difficult to find lenders who pull exactly the same scores that you find here or elsewhere, since lenders often add a twist like using an "enhanced" version of a FICO scoring model.

Message 2 of 7
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Agreed. I guess what I'm getting at is have we heard any confirmation that any lenders have switched to EQ08 now that it's available.

Message 3 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@lhcole77 wrote:

Agreed. I guess what I'm getting at is have we heard any confirmation that any lenders have switched to EQ08 now that it's available.

Think we can state anecdotally many credit card issuers have moved to FICO '08 or Bankcard-enhanced versions of such, and FICO rather implied it outright with the statement Kelsey and the FICO product people made.  

That said, it's up to the individual lenders in question as to what they pull and many will pull multiple scores and use internal algorithms as well: it's very, very difficult to know which versions were used unless they tell you or they provide the range which sometimes can indicate explicitly what version was used based on the FICO algorithm design and known min-max numbers for their ranges.

Beyond that with the way things work it's hard to know, maybe a FICO '08 scorewatch user will be able to determine it if they have traditional EQ pulls: it's nearly impossible for me as everyone wants my EX report.

        
Message 4 of 7
user5387
Valued Contributor

Prosper appears to be using EX 08.

This might be a case where auto / bankcard enhanced is less appropriate, because they're not doing auto / bankcard loans.

http://blog.prosper.com/2013/08/30/fico-08-score-comes-to-prosper-and-what-it-means-for-you

Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The ones that I know are FNBO, GECRB, Discover, Barclays.

Message 6 of 7
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Maybe I can be a guinea pig. I'm looking at app'ing for a USAA card soon....

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.