cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any other magic CU% 'cutoffs' above 9%?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any other magic CU% 'cutoffs' above 9%?

I know the best case scenario: CU between 1-9% reporting balance on one card only. 

I was at about 52% last week. Between paying things down and getting a couple new cards and CLI's, I'll be around 30% when the dust settles. 

I know it's going to be a while, but is there another 'step' between 9% and 50% to strive for? Or is it just a sliding 'lower is better'? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Are there any other magic CU% 'cutoffs' above 9%?

@Anonymous wrote:

I know the best case scenario: CU between 1-9% reporting balance on one card only. 

I was at about 52% last week. Between paying things down and getting a couple new cards and CLI's, I'll be around 30% when the dust settles. 

I know it's going to be a while, but is there another 'step' between 9% and 50% to strive for? Or is it just a sliding 'lower is better'? 

Below 30%, 20%, 15% I saw bumps in Fico on the way down, its different for everyone.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are there any other magic CU% 'cutoffs' above 9%?

Thanks. I just need to be content seeing things go down in the way it makes the most sense to me then I guess. Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.