cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrow Financial & GE Money Bank giving me the run around. Assistance!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Arrow Financial & GE Money Bank giving me the run around. Assistance!?

The entire year of 2005 was a very poor year for me financially and emotionally. When I took the time to review how much damage I did to credit in May of 2006, because I wasn't paying many of my bills on time, I found out I was hurting very badly with a 490 FICO score.

It's now May of 2007, a full year later, and I was able to turn all of my bills around and feel for the first time in a long time much better financially with a 617 FICO score. My goal is a 700 by the end of the year

There are a couple major concerns still lingering on my credit report such as a "Charge Off" from American Eagle that I'm trying to get deleted, which is why I'm writing.

I tried getting the account deleted by calling back in May, but I was left running in circles. Perhaps someone here could give me some advice as to what I can do, but first please quickly skim over what I did for myself as I tried to get some answers.

I called American Eagle, but I was transfered to GE Money Bank by the automated service. After I got someone on the phone, I explained that I would like this account deleted from my credit report. I was told my account information was sold to a debt collection agency called Arrow Financial, so there was nothing GE Money Back could do.

I called Arrow Financial and explained to them the very same thing, but was told my account was sold to Worldzen Collection & Recovery.

I called Worldzen Collection & Recovery and also explained to them the very same thing, but they said since the account is paid in full, back in March 2005 by me, the client (Arrow Financial) takes back the account, and there is nothing Worldzen can do.

When I called Arrow Financial back, I couldn't get anyone on the phone. So I left Arrow Financial a message. So, does anyone have any recommendations for this run around I'm getting?

In the mean time, about two weeks ago, I sent both Arrow Financial and GE Money Bank deletion letters in the mail in hopes that one of them would look into it and respond by deleting my record.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Arrow Financial & GE Money Bank giving me the run around. Assistance!?

I would wait to see if you get a reply on the letters you sent. Follow-up with them after 30 days.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Arrow Financial & GE Money Bank giving me the run around. Assistance!?

Arrow is one of the most notoriously unscrupulous CA's on the planet. They regularly violate FCRA and have been sued many a time successfully by consumers. In fact, even the ILL attorney general filed a class-action. They don't care if the debt is 15 years old, not yours, or not owed. They will attempt to collect on it. They are completely unresponsive to certified correspondence, PFD's, DV's and anything else you send. The problem is that they can afford to take the hit so the lawsuits do little to stop them. They made 145 million last year.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.