cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As FICO Score Passes 100 Billion Mark, Fair Isaac Announces Plans to Launch More Powerful FICO Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: As FICO Score Passes 100 Billion Mark, Fair Isaac Announces Plans to Launch ...

Fair Isaac may not feel threatened, per se, by Vantage. However, I suspect that a spate of lawsuit victories for the consumer against the credit industry in recent years--several for over $100K and one in the past few days for $800K--has spurred FI to action. Folks will be demanding that "something" be done.

In the Cortez lawsuit for $800K, the jury included a note on the verdict form stating, "The Trans Union business process needs to be completely revamped with much more focus on customer service and the consumer."

FI will be able to rightly say they are taking steps. I expect the Big Three to update the window treatments and swap out the carpet, but the underlying architecture will remain intact.

Lenders want more subprime borrowers, and I would expect that changes to FICO scoring will bring in more subprime borrowers.

I daresay many will be watching in September.

Remember, remember the fifth of September ... Smiley Very Happy

Where did I put that Guy Fawkes mask. Smiley Wink

Post deleting in five, four, three, two ...

Message 11 of 13
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: As FICO Score Passes 100 Billion Mark, Fair Isaac Announces Plans to Launch ...

I don't know why FICO is getting smeared in this sub prime mess. The scores are the scores. If you don't have enough income to support a conventional mortgage you really shouldn't purchase a home. Plain and simple. You can blame the lenders if you want but this all comes down to the greed and naivety of the homebuyers. Nothing goes up forever. Maybe I am old-fashioned but one should never treat their residence like a piggy bank.
Message 12 of 13
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Re: As FICO Score Passes 100 Billion Mark, Fair Isaa......

I work with a lot of poor.  Poor, not by their own doing, or choosing.  Good people with too few choices.  And this scares me.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.