Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention All CC Authorized Users!

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Attention All CC Authorized Users!

ALEXREDD wrote:
It'll be EQ.  I would bet the ranch on it.

EQ is now in the CA business anyway.  I posted previously how if you're credit improves (and you're in an improved position to pay) EQ will sell these lists to CAs.  That's why as your credit improves you start getting a lot of Zombie debts.

Plus, the lower your overall score, the more profit CC, mortgage lenders, etc. can charge you (because you have a lower score, they have to charge you a higher rate).  But, a CRA can't be blatant about it or the Government might step in.  So this AU crap gives them a great opportunity.

From a mathamatical perspective, being an AU should increase you credit score (maybe not AS MUCH as being the owner of the CC).  If you have the resources to become an AU on a $15,000 cc (whether family or buying it through a sleazy company) you're probably a better statistical bet to pay a debt then someone with same pre-AU score.

That's what irritates me about the CRA's:  the junk math.  EVERY event / variable they have EVER introduced works to LOWER your score.  Back in the day, for example, they didn't include student loans and medical collections in your score.  Now, an overdue book from the library (that goes to collections) lowers your score.  LOWER LOWER LOWER.  

EQ is the worst as far as verifying and correcting.  You think they do it just to be mean?  They just hate people for no reason?  No.  The lower your score, the more business (indirectly, sure) they get. 

Okay, done ranting. 

Are you sure you're not talking about EX?Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

OOPPS!  Yes I meant EX
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are certainly correct that EX is in the CA business--full blown.

But I think EQ is the candidate to embrace the new FICO scoring. EQ and FI have a very symbiotic relationship.

If the CRAs were Dwarves, EQ would be Happy, TU would be Dopey, and EX would be Satan, the Eighth Evil Dwarf.

Message 13 of 19
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Noah_Bodie wrote:
You are certainly correct that EX is in the CA business--full blown.

But I think EQ is the candidate to embrace the new FICO scoring. EQ and FI have a very symbiotic relationship.

If the CRAs were Dwarves, EQ would be Happy, TU would be Dopey, and EX would be Satan, the Eighth Evil Dwarf.

HA!  I'm not who's posts I enjoy reading more, yours or TNWM's.  I have always said, "EX's arrogance is legendary.
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband is an authorized user on my CitiDividend America Express Card.  He now has other cards of his own, however. 

Should I make this card joint?  Utilization  at the moment is 7%. 

SandyK
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

sankofa wrote:
My husband is an authorized user on my CitiDividend America Express Card.
Should I make this card joint?  Utilization  at the moment is 7%. 

No lates in history and an all good TL, I would do it--particularly if the TL has a bit of age on it.

Just don't let 'em close it and reopen a new joint account. You don't wanna lose the agedness of the TL.

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 06-29-2007 12:05 AM
Message 16 of 19
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

this actually works out for me getting my wives old CC off my account should actually raise mine because it went to collection.

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah,

I contacted Citibank and asked them about my husband becoming joint owner on my credit card account and Citi's reply was "We are no longer offering joint owner credit card accounts."   Hubby can still remain on my card with same privileges as far as Citi is concerned. 

SandyK
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow as soon as i find out about the wonderful possibilities of AU, its gone ! How crappy is that.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.