Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User Accounts

tag
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Authorized User Accounts

Has any member on this forum ever been an authorized user were you have kept track of the fico score before and after the new changes from Fair Isaac? In other words if you were how did it affect your fico score or how much has it dropped as a result because authorized user accounts have not been a factor in the score since September 2007. I can not recall this ever coming up in these message boards.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Authorized User Accounts

@CreditBob wrote:
Has any member on this forum ever been an authorized user were you have kept track of the fico score before and after the new changes from Fair Isaac? In other words if you were how did it affect your fico score or how much has it dropped as a result because authorized user accounts have not been a factor in the score since September 2007. I can not recall this ever coming up in these message boards.

CreditBob, this has been posted all over these boards --FICO 08 has NOT yet taken effect! I know this, because I added on as an AU on my husband's 18-year-old Discover card to get the history, and it's still there, and it's still being counted. This is very obvious from the fact that this history is cited on screen 2 of all my reports, where it talks about the typical age of FICO High Achievers.

Really, FICO 08 is not yet in effect! And it is not known when this is going to happen!!! The earliest guess so far cited in March 2008, but probably much later that that. Really!!!!!!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.