Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized User Question

My credit is terrible and I have 2 closed credit accounts reporting about 1700 past due and 2 collections with portfolio reporting about 1300. I had no open credit accounts left. About a month ago I opened a secure card for $200 and my husband added me as an authorized user for three of his cards. First week of July an old inquiry dropped off (I now have zero on all accounts) and my secured card reported and my fico score jumped about 40 points. 

All three of the authorized user accounts now report but my scores have not changed. They reflect that my used out of available credit is at 1% now but one of the reasons hurting my score for each company is that I've made heavy use of my credit. It seems they are only including my 200 secured card for my score. I haven't yet changed my last name but we have lived together for 6 years or so. Do you think it was flagged somehow and I'm not benefiting from the authorized user staus?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

Re: Authorized User Question

@Anonymous wrote:

My credit is terrible and I have 2 closed credit accounts reporting about 1700 past due and 2 collections with portfolio reporting about 1300. I had no open credit accounts left. About a month ago I opened a secure card for $200 and my husband added me as an authorized user for three of his cards. First week of July an old inquiry dropped off (I now have zero on all accounts) and my secured card reported and my fico score jumped about 40 points. 

All three of the authorized user accounts now report but my scores have not changed. They reflect that my used out of available credit is at 1% now but one of the reasons hurting my score for each company is that I've made heavy use of my credit. It seems they are only including my 200 secured card for my score. I haven't yet changed my last name but we have lived together for 6 years or so. Do you think it was flagged somehow and I'm not benefiting from the authorized user staus?

I think that is your problem right there, the indivivual util on those accounts is likely whats hurting you not your cumulative util.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized User Question

I paid one of the closed accounts off and I'm waiting for that to update to see what happens. It had gone tocollections but its still being reported as a balance owed to Capital one. I'm hoping it updates to paid and the collections doesn't pop up.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.