Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User on Major Credit Card or Dept Store Card-Does it matter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized User on Major Credit Card or Dept Store Card-Does it matter

I want to increase my total available credit and I wanted to get added to a couple of my boyfriends credit cards.  Does it make a difference if I'm added to a Major credit card or store card (ie: Home Depot, Ultimate electronics)

Thanks in advance for your help
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can, as long as the card reports authorized users. Not...

It can, as long as the card reports authorized users. Not all do.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I will verify they report autherized users before I...

Yes, I will verify they report autherized users before I get added.  My main question was  is there any difference with FICO if its a major credit card or store credit card?  Is one better than the other?  The two cards I want to be added too are both store cards (with $0 balances) and I won't do it if it will lower my score.

Thanks
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure if FICO scores major credit cards differentl...

I'm not sure if FICO scores major credit cards differently, however many lenders also have additional scoring criteria and that may make a difference to them.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

A (small) portion of your score considers the overall var...

A (small) portion of your score considers the overall variety of credit you have. Thus it may make a difference there. I don't think it should have any impact on the utilization calculation.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.