Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized User

Hello, can anyone let me know if I can have an credit card account removed from my credit files where I was a user on the account but not the account holder.  If this can be done, would you please let me know how to go about this.
Thanks
the rabbit
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Authorized User

Dispue with the CRAs as "not mine".
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tuc, is what I had in mind.  One concern I have, The authorized user has not been able to pay these past due accounts and they have been charged off.  Would my actions of telling the CRA that I am not the account holder or the account is not mine,start any skip tracing or collection activy to attempt a location on the account holder.  Has been over four years since any activity on those accounts and would not wish to start the clock or renew any time so they could by law collect the account. Is my understanding that they cannot collect after the time allowed by law of the state where ithe account holder lived, in this case is either 4 or 6 years from the last activity on the account. 
Could you please let me know
Thanks
Message 3 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Agianst you, yes. An AU is in no way liable for the debt. Getting the account removed from your report has no impact on the OC or CAs attempt to collect the debt from the responsible party.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ThanksTuscani , are you saying that the credit card company will come after me, even though I am not the account holder, or will they contact me to attempt to get in touch with the account holder.  I do wish to help the account holder,by not re-starting any collection clock against the account holder. Also, doesn't the account come off the credit report after some time like 4 or 5 years automatically?
Message 5 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

jbunny1952 wrote:
 ThanksTuscani , are you saying that the credit card company will come after me, even though I am not the account holder, or will they contact me to attempt to get in touch with the account holder.  I do wish to help the account holder,by not re-starting any collection clock against the account holder. Also, doesn't the account come off the credit report after some time like 4 or 5 years automatically?

They should have 0 contact with you. This account is certainly hurting you. Dispute it now.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tell that to TU & EQ--I just signed on with myfico and ran my reports thru the suze orman program...TU 539, EQ 542 and EX 662!!  I looked it all over to figure out why 100 pts difference...looks like TU & EQ are using an AU acct that just went 30 days past due last month against me...that is the only thing I see different between those two and EX.  I disputed and told them "not mine" so we'll see what happens.  Also FAKO...I've been subscribing for myself and hubby for years at the cost of $16 per month each...just to see that they are no where near the real deal!! How depressing! UGH!!!!Smiley Mad
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I'd be upset too because it's difficult to know it's not your real score since all of these sites claim to give you the scores that creditors see.  Sounds like false advertising to me.

However, it's still a good service because it allows you to monitor your credit reports and get a general idea of where you stand.  I don't know which service you have but there are sites where you can monitor all three of your credit reports at a cheaper price than you are currently paying.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used Credit Keeper for the last year at $9.95 a month, and they were around 10 to 15 points to the real fico scores.  That this might help

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.