cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User

tag
jamie2066

Authorized User

My wife has a Home Depot credit card and made me an authorized user when she got it a few years ago.  This card isn't being factored into my Credit Utilzilation Ratio.  Is it because it's a strore card and not a credit card?  We have the same last time, since I know FICO looks for that stuff to weed out people buying credit trade lines.

I have a very high utilization ratio and in an attempt to boost my score, my dad is making me an authorized user on two of his credit cards.  A Chase Saphire with a $25K credit limit and less than $1K balance.  And a Bank of America Card that was opened in the late 1990's with roughly the same credit/limit balance.  What are my chances that these get factored into my credit utilization ratio?  We also have the same last name.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: Authorized User

Just a DP, my DW added me to her BofA card 3 years ago and I added her to mine (we started building credit 3 years ago, new to credit in the USA).

My card reported in her reports without issues. Her card didn't report in mine until more than a year later.

Sometimes the AU will not report, sometimes they don't count. Just make sure they show on your reports in a couple of months. I hope it works out for you. Good luck.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I was added to my husband's CapOne card as an authorized user, it would not report on my credit until I used it. CapOne claimed that wasn't necessary, but 7 days after I used the card, it reported on my credit. 

Message 3 of 4
jamie2066

Thank you, that's good to know.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.