Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized User

I was just added as an AU to a CC with 12 years perfect history, 2000k limit and low balance. My AAoA is only 3 years currently and my available credit is only $1500 between 4 CC. one of my current CC is 1yr old and the other 3 are 6 months or less. Will I see a significant boost in my fico from being added as an AU? I am thinking that this CC with 10 yr history should lengthen my AAoA, increase my available credit, decrease my utilization, and add more positive history to my CR. therefore am I right for expecting a significant score bump? Also how long does it normally take for CC to report auth users? The CCC is capital one.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Authorized User

IF, and WHEN the OC  has approved the AU status, it will enter into your CR the same day as the CRA receives and enters it.

All of the benefits of AU status are true, as you have stated them, and congratts!

But I must offer, even though not solicted, my total oppositon to all AU accounts.

It is not a scoring scheme that is universally welcomed, and is basically contrary to the principals of FICO scoring.

Credit scoring was established upon the basis of scoring each consumer on their own performance.  Even in the most most intimate of relationships, husband and wife, FICO scores are not merged.  I oppose any use of the credit history one one consumer to artificallyy boost the credit score of another.  I think it is a sham.

I would abolish, as FICO has previosly proposed, any incllusion of accounts from another into any FICO scoring.

But congrats on the artificial score gain.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.