Reply
New Member
devon22ou
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎09-26-2012
0

Re: Authorized Users and Credit Scoring?

[ Edited ]

That is not my FICO score. Am I not allowed to put that information in my signature?

My FICO score is 775

Moderator Emeritus
llecs
Posts: 32,881
Registered: ‎08-04-2007
0

Re: Authorized Users and Credit Scoring?


devon22ou wrote:

That is not my FICO score. Am I not allowed to put that information in my signature?

My FICO score is 775


You certainly can. I'll personally often ask a poster where he/she got her scores from because my answer will be different based on their response. I've had FAKOs like from services like ScoreSense decrease 50 points while FICO increased in the opposite direction. Unfortunately some folks rely on a FAKO for a sense of direction for their score and it is a poor indicator.

New Member
devon22ou
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎09-26-2012
0

Re: Authorized Users and Credit Scoring?

To piggy back off my most recent question about putting an authorized user on accounts to help their credit score, would it be more legit and less "cheating" if I put that person on a credit card that we both pay 50/50 on?

Moderator Emeritus
llecs
Posts: 32,881
Registered: ‎08-04-2007
0

Re: Authorized Users and Credit Scoring?


devon22ou wrote:

To piggy back off my most recent question about putting an authorized user on accounts to help their credit score, would it be more legit and less "cheating" if I put that person on a credit card that we both pay 50/50 on?


I personally wouldn't see it as cheating. Just pay 100% of the bill yourself and have the other person pay you directly. Also accept any responsibility if they charge too much. I've seen some posts in here where the CC holder refused to pay a bill their friend or relative ran up without their consent. IMO, I'd never do it. I'd tell them to get their own CCs and get a secured CC if needed.

New Member
devon22ou
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎09-26-2012
0

Re: Authorized Users and Credit Scoring?

Thanks for the reply. The money this person pays toward these cards goes directly into my account each month. Does anyone know what would happen to the authorized users credit report if they are removed from an account? Will their credit decrease to what it was if their credit is improved while being an authorized user?

Moderator Emeritus
llecs
Posts: 32,881
Registered: ‎08-04-2007
0

Re: Authorized Users and Credit Scoring?


devon22ou wrote:

Thanks for the reply. The money this person pays toward these cards goes directly into my account each month. Does anyone know what would happen to the authorized users credit report if they are removed from an account? Will their credit decrease to what it was if their credit is improved while being an authorized user?


If they are removed as an AU, the account completely disappears from his/her CR as if it never even was there. That can impact the score depending on whether or not the AU account helped or hurt his/her credit.

New Member
devon22ou
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎09-26-2012
0

Re: Authorized Users and Credit Scoring?

Ok. Thank you again! These forums have been very helpful :smileyhappy:

Valued Member
HappySoda
Posts: 56
Registered: ‎10-10-2012
0

Re: Authorized Users and Credit Scoring?

[ Edited ]

Just got reported on my credit report as an authorized user from Barclays bank. It only took them a few days to begin reporting.

 

By the way, Barclays did ask for my SSN when we were setting me up as an authorized user on my girlfriends acct. So take what you will, but Barclays seems to be pretty good about reporting the AU rather quickly  

 

Member
minnieamy1025
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎11-27-2012
0

Re: Authorized Users and Credit Scoring?

After I ran my credit report I discovered a card my husband had added me to as an authorized user, with a big red negative flag. They payment history is terrible, and I never actually knew I was on this card, or received billing info. I called the bank and took my name off. I also did an online dispute with Equifax. Has anyone had luck getting this type of stain off their credit report? I'm anxious to hear as this is the only big problem with my credit as of now.  From searching online I see people have had mixed results.... 

Moderator Emeritus
llecs
Posts: 32,881
Registered: ‎08-04-2007
0

Re: Authorized Users and Credit Scoring?

[ Edited ]

minnieamy1025 wrote:

After I ran my credit report I discovered a card my husband had added me to as an authorized user, with a big red negative flag. They payment history is terrible, and I never actually knew I was on this card, or received billing info. I called the bank and took my name off. I also did an online dispute with Equifax. Has anyone had luck getting this type of stain off their credit report? I'm anxious to hear as this is the only big problem with my credit as of now.  From searching online I see people have had mixed results.... 


If you're listed as an AU, it'll come off quite easily. Just wait for the results.

 

 

ETA...I noticed you posted the same twice. To avoid any confusion I zapped the extra.


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}