cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized Users and Credit Scoring?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized Users and Credit Scoring?

That is not my FICO score. Am I not allowed to put that information in my signature?

My FICO score is 775

Message 31 of 54
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

That is not my FICO score. Am I not allowed to put that information in my signature?

My FICO score is 775

You certainly can. I'll personally often ask a poster where he/she got her scores from because my answer will be different based on their response. I've had FAKOs like from services like ScoreSense decrease 50 points while FICO increased in the opposite direction. Unfortunately some folks rely on a FAKO for a sense of direction for their score and it is a poor indicator.

Message 32 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

To piggy back off my most recent question about putting an authorized user on accounts to help their credit score, would it be more legit and less "cheating" if I put that person on a credit card that we both pay 50/50 on?

Message 33 of 54
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

To piggy back off my most recent question about putting an authorized user on accounts to help their credit score, would it be more legit and less "cheating" if I put that person on a credit card that we both pay 50/50 on?

I personally wouldn't see it as cheating. Just pay 100% of the bill yourself and have the other person pay you directly. Also accept any responsibility if they charge too much. I've seen some posts in here where the CC holder refused to pay a bill their friend or relative ran up without their consent. IMO, I'd never do it. I'd tell them to get their own CCs and get a secured CC if needed.

Message 34 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. The money this person pays toward these cards goes directly into my account each month. Does anyone know what would happen to the authorized users credit report if they are removed from an account? Will their credit decrease to what it was if their credit is improved while being an authorized user?

Message 35 of 54
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the reply. The money this person pays toward these cards goes directly into my account each month. Does anyone know what would happen to the authorized users credit report if they are removed from an account? Will their credit decrease to what it was if their credit is improved while being an authorized user?

If they are removed as an AU, the account completely disappears from his/her CR as if it never even was there. That can impact the score depending on whether or not the AU account helped or hurt his/her credit.

Message 36 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Thank you again! These forums have been very helpful Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 54
HappySoda
Valued Member

Just got reported on my credit report as an authorized user from Barclays bank. It only took them a few days to begin reporting.

By the way, Barclays did ask for my SSN when we were setting me up as an authorized user on my girlfriends acct. So take what you will, but Barclays seems to be pretty good about reporting the AU rather quickly  

Message 38 of 54
minnieamy1025

After I ran my credit report I discovered a card my husband had added me to as an authorized user, with a big red negative flag. They payment history is terrible, and I never actually knew I was on this card, or received billing info. I called the bank and took my name off. I also did an online dispute with Equifax. Has anyone had luck getting this type of stain off their credit report? I'm anxious to hear as this is the only big problem with my credit as of now.  From searching online I see people have had mixed results.... 

Message 39 of 54
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@minnieamy1025 wrote:

After I ran my credit report I discovered a card my husband had added me to as an authorized user, with a big red negative flag. They payment history is terrible, and I never actually knew I was on this card, or received billing info. I called the bank and took my name off. I also did an online dispute with Equifax. Has anyone had luck getting this type of stain off their credit report? I'm anxious to hear as this is the only big problem with my credit as of now.  From searching online I see people have had mixed results.... 

If you're listed as an AU, it'll come off quite easily. Just wait for the results.

ETA...I noticed you posted the same twice. To avoid any confusion I zapped the extra.

Message 40 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.