cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized accounts

tag
exleyfam

Authorized accounts

I just pulled my credit report (just starting the rebuilding process.) There were 2 Authorized User accounts with Chase that I am no longer on that had 95% utilization. I just called and had them remove those from my credit files. Just curious how much of an impact this could have? The balances on those accounts were $15k and $8500

4/23/2013 TU FAKO (CK) 610
4/26/2013 TU (Pulled by car dealer) 569
4/29/2013 EX FAKO (CreditSesame) 610
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Authorized accounts

I see that your question didn't get any replies.

In the future, if you see your thread going down the page to the next, just reply to your post with the word "Bump". 

That way your thread will bump up, to the top of the board and hopefully someone will answer your post..

Moving this thread to "Understanding FICO scoring", because I believe scoring is he main focus of your post.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 3
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Authorized accounts

Since the thread was not moved I will post a reply.  If your credit report was pulled here there is a section called what is hurting your score. If there is a reason referring to credit utilizaton being too high getting these accounts reomoved should have a big impact.  The score factors are listed in order of impact from highest to lowest.  You should get in my opinion a nice increase in your score. If possible you can use a score simulator to see what the impact would be in points. The simulator will give you an approximate range.  Hope this helps

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.