exleyfam

Authorized accounts

I just pulled my credit report (just starting the rebuilding process.) There were 2 Authorized User accounts with Chase that I am no longer on that had 95% utilization. I just called and had them remove those from my credit files. Just curious how much of an impact this could have? The balances on those accounts were $15k and $8500

4/23/2013 TU FAKO (CK) 610
4/26/2013 TU (Pulled by car dealer) 569
4/29/2013 EX FAKO (CreditSesame) 610
LIGHTNIN

Re: Authorized accounts

I see that your question didn't get any replies.

In the future, if you see your thread going down the page to the next, just reply to your post with the word "Bump". 

That way your thread will bump up, to the top of the board and hopefully someone will answer your post..

Moving this thread to "Understanding FICO scoring", because I believe scoring is he main focus of your post.

FICO's Oct 2013 TU711 EQ713 EX723~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Valued Contributor
AndySoCal

Re: Authorized accounts

Since the thread was not moved I will post a reply.  If your credit report was pulled here there is a section called what is hurting your score. If there is a reason referring to credit utilizaton being too high getting these accounts reomoved should have a big impact.  The score factors are listed in order of impact from highest to lowest.  You should get in my opinion a nice increase in your score. If possible you can use a score simulator to see what the impact would be in points. The simulator will give you an approximate range.  Hope this helps

Equifax My FICO score 815 5/28/2012, 818 on 7/28/2014 . Average of Accounts 12 years and no Installment accounts. MyFICO TU 810 6/26/2012 809 4/21/2013 MyFICO XPN -805. 2/26/2014 Discover TU FICO 813 App free since 9/2011

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}