Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user account deleted

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized user account deleted

Hello,

I was an authorized user on a collection account that was charged off with two 120 lates as well as one 90 day late. I called and said account was not mine and they agreed to delete it. It has been on the report for about two to three years...any idea on the impact of my credit score?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: Authorized user account deleted

Hard to predict without knowing what else is on your report. If you have other major derogs, you may not see a major score jump.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I agree with JoeBJay.  If no other major derogs are still in your CR, it could be up 30 pts.

Otherwise, it might be slight.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for your response. Yes unfortunately I do have a few other derogs, approximately four unpaid collection accounts ranging from one year to three years old i believe.

Message 4 of 6
TimeOnMySide
New Contributor

While I had disputed an authorized user CC which was a CO, my score went up 50 pts!  Even though I was deleted, it came back verified.  So, I'm waiting to receive a letter from the OC so I can send the CRA.

"[Takes] a whole lot of tryin'...just to get up that hill" Jefferson's theme song. I wanna move on Up!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time,

Did you have any other negatives on your report? I'm hoping to get a jump like that. The au account, was that a charge off?? how old was it? and did it show alot of lates??

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.