Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user and Fico score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized user and Fico score

Hi, My husband has me as an authorized user in two of his credit cards and they are very close to the limit. This is bringing down my FICO score because it also reports on my reports. It affects me more than it affects him. If I have him remove me, how will this report on my report? Will it be like a closed account or will it just fall off like I never had it? Will it improve my overall Utility since it wont calculate his balances anymore? How about my Aaoa? I'm sorry for the questions. Paying them off right now is not an option. thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized user and Fico score

When I was removed from my mother's Discover card as AU, it became a closed account, all the details sticking with my reports. Still factors into my AAOA for FICO scoring purposes, though tools like Discover's Scorecard only show you visually the AAOA of open accounts.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized user and Fico score

you can have him request that you are removed and then state that you request that they remove the trade line, it will take until the next time the creditor reports but it will then fall off your report and disappear.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.