New Contributor
wrw0010

Auto Enhanced Scores

Though I have had Credit it some form or other for 13 years, I have never had an Auto loan (my parents bought my first cars and I paid cash for the rest). How badly is this going to hurt me on my Auto FICOs?

I currently have

EQ 634
TU 624
EX 671

I was going to use GTE FCU because they always pull EX but I am wondering if I should try to clean up a little more before applying. If there could be a drastic reduction in my EX score due to no Auto loan history, I don't want to apply now.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: Auto Enhanced Scores

Most of the time lenders will use an auto-enhanced FICO score when applying for an auto loan. These scores might be higher or lower than the FICO scores you pull at this site. A good auto history, a higher auto enhanced score, a bad auto history the lower your scores.  I suspect since you never had an auto loan your auto scores will be lower than your regular FICO scores. For more info read Tuscani's thread below.

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+