Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Refiance FICO Score Question

tag
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

Auto Refiance FICO Score Question

Which FICO credit score will the Credit unions pull?  Will credit unions pull these scores?

Transunion

643 Auto 08 score

632 Auto 04 score

Equifax

633 Auto 08 score

604 Auto 05 score

Experian

637 Auto 08 score

674 Auto 02 score

Current FICO 08 as of 06/01/2015 TU 648 EQ 624 EX 602
FICO Mortgage Scores TU 594 EQ 540 EX 642

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Refiance FICO Score Question

@creditstalker wrote:

Which FICO credit score will the Credit unions pull?  Will credit unions pull these scores?

Transunion

643 Auto 08 score

632 Auto 04 score

Equifax

633 Auto 08 score

604 Auto 05 score

Experian

637 Auto 08 score

674 Auto 02 score

Ask them what score they use. It will vary from one to another. Some may not even use the Auto score and just use the standard FICO 8 score or FICO 4 score. I would shop around and try to find one the uses EX Auto 2 score....

Message 2 of 10
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditstalker wrote:

Transunion

643 Auto 08 score

632 Auto 04 score

Equifax

633 Auto 08 score

604 Auto 05 score

Experian

637 Auto 08 score

674 Auto 02 score

Ask them what score they use. It will vary from one to another. Some may not even use the Auto score and just use the standard FICO 8 score or FICO 4 score. I would shop around and try to find one the uses EX Auto 2 score....

Thanks Norman, but I would I know if it is the Auto 2 Score,, what would it be equivalent to?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditstalker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditstalker wrote:

Transunion

643 Auto 08 score

632 Auto 04 score

Equifax

633 Auto 08 score

604 Auto 05 score

Experian

637 Auto 08 score

674 Auto 02 score

Thanks Norman, but I would I know if it is the Auto 2 Score,, what would it be equivalent to?

Its not "equivalent" to anything - it is what it is.

Front line CSR's may not even know what scoring model is used, you may have to call and ask for a credit analyst.

Message 4 of 10
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditstalker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditstalker wrote:

Transunion

643 Auto 08 score

632 Auto 04 score

Equifax

633 Auto 08 score

604 Auto 05 score

Experian

637 Auto 08 score

674 Auto 02 score

Front line CSR's may not even know what scoring model is used, you may have to call and ask for a credit analyst.

Oh okay,  I know that some call the FICO 5 score the BEACON 5

Message 5 of 10
2b2rich
Established Contributor

I've had two different CUs in two different states, pull my credit (EQ for one, and TU for the other) and the one who pulled EQ I saw the sheet and it said Beacon 750 (my EQ FICO8 is 710) and the one who pulled TU, told me my score was a 750 (my TU FICO8 is 750).

Both of these were pulled in order to apply for auto refinancing. 

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditstalker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditstalker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditstalker wrote:

Transunion

643 Auto 08 score

632 Auto 04 score

Equifax

633 Auto 08 score

604 Auto 05 score

Experian

637 Auto 08 score

674 Auto 02 score

Oh okay,  I know that some call the FICO 5 score the BEACON 5

Ok, I see what you were getting at there - AFAIK, only the Equifax scores are referred to as "Beacon". I have no idea why they get their own *special* name.

Message 7 of 10
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

So,  I had the credit union pull my credit, and they used my Equifax Mortgage Score!!!!  I decided not to go with the credit union because my Equifax Mortage Score is a 594. 

I found a credit union who only pulls experian,  because my EX scores are in the mid 600's (FICO 08 is 614 and my mortage score is 642 and autoloan score is 674.) 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditstalker wrote:

So,  I had the credit union pull my credit, and they used my Equifax Mortgage Score!!!!  I decided not to go with the credit union because my Equifax Mortage Score is a 594. 

I found a credit union who only pulls experian,  because my EX scores are in the mid 600's (FICO 08 is 614 and my mortage score is 642 and autoloan score is 674.) 

I just went through this with my local CU. I wish I'd been more proactive and asked to be passed up the line BEFORE applying. They made it sound totally secretive which EX they pull. I think they were really just clueless on the front line. AFTER we went with DCU (no idea which EQ they pulled) I had a few different questions for a loan 'higher up' at my local CU and she still wouldn't come out and say it, but when I said it appeared they used my mortgage EX, she didn't say no. I'd assumed that since they use the same pull for cars, CC's, personal loans, it'd be a Fico 8. I assumed wrong. I was very clear with her that their policies (and a couple other screw ups) cost them an auto loan to a CU across the country with the same rate they SHOULD have offered us before we bought the car and did offer us after we'd already gone with DCU. 

She made it sound like if they chose to get different scores for different purposes it would cost more so they just get the mortgage scores. But again, very careful wording. 

Message 9 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditstalker wrote:

I just went through this with my local CU. I wish I'd been more proactive and asked to be passed up the line BEFORE applying. They made it sound totally secretive which EX they pull. I think they were really just clueless on the front line. AFTER we went with DCU (no idea which EQ they pulled) I had a few different questions for a loan 'higher up' at my local CU and she still wouldn't come out and say it, but when I said it appeared they used my mortgage EX, she didn't say no. I'd assumed that since they use the same pull for cars, CC's, personal loans, it'd be a Fico 8. I assumed wrong. I was very clear with her that their policies (and a couple other screw ups) cost them an auto loan to a CU across the country with the same rate they SHOULD have offered us before we bought the car and did offer us after we'd already gone with DCU. 

She made it sound like if they chose to get different scores for different purposes it would cost more so they just get the mortgage scores. But again, very careful wording. 

DCU uses Beacon 5.0 every time all the time.

Depends on the CU but most CU's underwrite everything on a single model with the exception of mortgages... and a non-trivial number of CU's use one of the mortgage trifecta in my experience too.  FICO 8 is mostly in the major CC issuers and auto lenders these days as I understand it.

        
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.