Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan FICO score?

tag
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

Auto loan FICO score?

I am wondering how accurate a credit score would be that was pulled by an auto lender? We bought a new(used) car last night and during the process they said my TU score was 695. My May TU through WM was 643, so I am confused?

Pretty excited that we qualified for an auto loan as we filed BK in 2011 and were discharged Feb 2012. We have been working very hard to rebuild.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto loan FICO score?

There is a FICO "auto enhanced" score, that gives more weight to past auto loan history.

Such a score won't necessarily match some other TU score.

Even if it's not being used, they may be using some other model than the one Walmart uses.

The reality is that there are a large number of scoring models being used in the lending industry, and they typically won't match each other.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto-Loans/FICO-Auto-Enhanced-Scores/td-p/228198

Message 2 of 4
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

@user5387 wrote:

There is a FICO "auto enhanced" score, that gives more weight to past auto loan history.

Such a score won't necessarily match some other TU score.

Even if it's not being used, they may be using some other model than the one Walmart uses.

The reality is that there are a large number of scoring models being used in the lending industry, and they typically won't match each other.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto-Loans/FICO-Auto-Enhanced-Scores/td-p/228198

Thanks for explaining. Either way we are going to garden for the next 9 months or so,

Message 3 of 4
CreditHealthy
Established Contributor

Hello, I believe they have what is called an auto enhanced score. It can be very confusing. so, your score is correct but in terms auto scoring.

What's in my sock drawer? NFCU LOC 15,000] NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000][ Golden 1Platinum Rewards Card 6,600 Discover It 5,000,] {NFCU goRewards 17,500} Barclaycard 1250.00,]Cap one 750.00 ], Watering my garden for the next five years:-)
EQUIFAX 727 EXPERIAN 732 TRANSUNION 743 FICO} STARTING SCORE....554 July 2013
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.