Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automotive FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Automotive FICO

I know there are different FICO's for different things. Is there anyplace i could get my Car finance FICO?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Automotive FICO

Yes, there is such a thing as an auto-enhanced FICO score. It's called the FICO Auto Industry Option and it's used by some car dealerships. Unfortunately these scores are not available to consumers like Classic FICO scores are. Here's a good read written by one of our other mods, Tuscani.

Message 2 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

If you really want to know your Auto scores, simply apply at a dealership and ask them for your scores. Just remember the Inq could ding your scores.
Message 3 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Tuscani wrote:
If you really want to know your Auto scores, simply apply at a dealership and ask them for your scores. Just remember the Inq could ding your scores.

Now if I did this I would probably lose 25 points. lol
Message 4 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

fused wrote:

Tuscani wrote:

Now if I did this I would probably lose 25 points. lol

Only 25?? Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Same would happen to you! lol
Message 6 of 11
marty56
Super Contributor

I wouldnt have expected to loose 25 point for applying for a car loan since its just another hard inq isnt it?

This begs the question to me is that if 2 people have the same # of inq's on their credit report and they both apply for a new auto loan/CC/checking account/cell phone, does that effect both scores the same?

Not counting what happens when the account is actually opened which I know will have different effect depdending on other stuff in their reports.

I ask this since my TU score went down 2 points when I accpeted a pre-approval offer from National City Visa and they only other hard inq on my report was when I opened a Wachovia checking account without overdraft protection.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 7 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

FICO high achievers can get nailed for a single inq while those in the 620 club probably won't.
Message 8 of 11
marty56
Super Contributor

Seems backwards too me since I was always looking for more credit when I was in debt and had maxed my cards out.

Don't like rules but I am happy to be able to play the game.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 9 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@marty56 wrote:
Seems backwards too me since I was always looking for more credit when I was in debt and had maxed my cards out.

It does, doesn't it? But this is an example of how score buckets work in your favor.

Those with scores in the mid 600's are in various score buckets where they and their credit peers are expected to be seeking credit, and so it is not unusual behavior for them to be app'ing. Those in score buckets including people with stable, long-established credit don't app for things very often, and so they (notice I'm not saying "we"! Smiley Wink ) can get a much higher hit, because this is uncommon behavior for their peer group.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.