cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Avant) Personal loan point decrease? Increase? No change?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

(Avant) Personal loan point decrease? Increase? No change?

Hi everyone! I took out a personal line of credit on December 7th Avant. I still haven't seen it report, I've heard they take 2 to 3 months sometimes. I'm actually a little nervous when it reports that it's going to drop my scores. Have you guys noticed when your loans report having a drop? If so how many points did it drop? I was trying to get some credit line increases is before it reports.
Also I am wondering, I am going to be paying off the line of credit as soon as my tax return comes in which should be about February 20th. Do you think my scores will increase when I pay it off or stay about the same?
Thank you!:-)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: (Avant) Personal loan point decrease? Increase? No change?

If you have no other installment loans currently reporting, your score may go up a couple points. When you pay it off any increase you saw will vanish.

Message 2 of 5
gibeon
Established Contributor

I didn't notice/don't remember it go either direction - and certainly not more than a few points, if it did.

When it finally reported (2 months almost exactly from the day of disbursement) I already had an auto loan and LOTS of student loans though.
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 3 of 5
ddemari
Super Contributor

Can take 2-3 months to report. A few years ago they only reported to EX, now they report to all three. I have a lot of student loans, credit cards and retail cards. I didn't see any increase or decrease in score.
Message 4 of 5
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Is there an AAoA hit after opening one of these?

I've thought about it but currently have an auto loan so it won't be worth it to me.  Actually, I think I'll always have an auto loan. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.