Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average Fico Stats

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Average Fico Stats

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find stats like the average fico score by gender or by ethnicty?  Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Average Fico Stats

AnalystGrl wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find stats like the average fico score by gender or by ethnicty?  Thanks!

I am hoping you can't, as FICO is supposed to ignore those things  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stats like these are helpful to non-profit organizations trying to help these populations. 
Message 3 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

AnalystGrl wrote:
Stats like these are helpful to non-profit organizations trying to help these populations. 

I suggest you cantact Fair Isaac then.  But I don't know if they can help or not
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just contacted them and they cannot help either.  I think that is good and bad that they can't help.  Good for your reason stated above but bad in the sense that it would also help private and govt organizations trying to help stop discriminating practices.
Message 5 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

AnalystGrl wrote:
I just contacted them and they cannot help either.  I think that is good and bad that they can't help.  Good for your reason stated above but bad in the sense that it would also help private and govt organizations trying to help stop discriminating practices.

You could always go to the target group and get them to pull scores and reports (and pay them), and compare the results with the average.  The averages are available.

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Analyst, the Federal Reserve Board did a comprehensive study of cedit scoring by various categories, and one category they looked at was the correlation between minority status and scores.  It is in the publication "Federal Reserve Bulletin, Summer 2004." 

Message Edited by RobertEG on 11-01-2007 07:56 PM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.