Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average age and conflicting statements

tag
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Re: Average age and conflicting statements

ejbeasley wrote:
Okay I understand that CLOSED accounts do apply, but my question now is the ones that are closed because they STOLEN or LOST also count? Because if that is the case, then it would seem that it's artificial and inaccurate average aging if you ever lose one of your cards for your newer or older accounts.

I presume if you lost a card, you would close it.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 21 of 23
creditninja9000
Regular Contributor

@VistaV wrote:

@ejbeasley wrote:
Okay I understand that CLOSED accounts do apply, but my question now is the ones that are closed because they STOLEN or LOST also count? Because if that is the case, then it would seem that it's artificial and inaccurate average aging if you ever lose one of your cards for your newer or older accounts.

I presume if you lost a card, you would close it.

......Yes....why wouldn't someone report a card they know they've lost?

Not sure if I understand the purpose of your reply.
Message 22 of 23
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

ejbeasley wrote:

......Yes....why wouldn't someone report a card they know they've lost?

Not sure if I understand the purpose of your reply.

My reply was intended to illustrate that since the account was closed, it would still show and age on your credit report until it fell off.

The reason for closure is irrelevant, so long as the account is listed and closed.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.