Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Average age of accounts: 4 years, 12 months

155i7A4F31D73B186824

...from my Equifax Credit Watch Gold report.

D'oh!!! What does a girl have to do to get a 5-year AAoA??? :smileyvery-happy:

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Average age of accounts: 4 years, 12 months

Lol. No respect.

Feel comforted in the fact that it doesn't say 1 year and 48 months.

Valued Contributor
Imhotrodcrazy

Must still be using that "new" math.  :smileyvery-happy:
FICOS
TU 805 10/18/14
EX 812 9/23/14
EQ 829 10/18/14

NASA 30K / / Amex 16.5k / / Chase Freedom 10.6k / / / / / SD'd US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k
Valued Contributor
my-own-fico

Any noticeable rebucketing going on?

The lost luggage office’s trained professional, “Has your plane arrived yet?”
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Well, not with 4 years, 12 months! :smileyvery-happy:

In fact, I pulled the report in hopes of provoking a new Scorewatch alert. I'm not convinced that that happens (probably not), but what the heck, it was free, or at any rate paid for via EQ Credit Watch Gold.

And I won't get a definitive answer, either, because a couple of extra cards had posted balances last month, and they'll be back to $0 about now. So I won't be able to separate any score change resulting from lowered balances/ fewer accounts with balances from a change from a higher AAoA.

And since my longest history is 21+ years, I don't think I would be rebucketed. I think that I might be a bit less penalized for having my AAoA way shorter than the overall, but I don't even know if that will happen. It hasn't shown as a negative for a long time now.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Contributor
cobaltnv

I had this exact same issue happen to me on CreditKarma this past month. I know Creditkarma calculates AAoA differently, but it is odd that we both had the same issue. FOr me it was stuck at 5y12m. I first noticed this ~July 25th or so. I figured it would change with the new month, but on July 29th it updated to 6y. 

Not sure our issues are related, but you might see a change in a couple of days. 

Maybe we stumbled onto the reason Fico rounds down to the nearest whole year--it cannot handle the remainder :-P 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

cobaltnv wrote:

I had this exact same issue happen to me on CreditKarma this past month. I know Creditkarma calculates AAoA differently, but it is odd that we both had the same issue. FOr me it was stuck at 5y12m. I first noticed this ~July 25th or so. I figured it would change with the new month, but on July 29th it updated to 6y. 

Not sure our issues are related, but you might see a change in a couple of days. 

+1 to that for CK. Last month my AAoA with them was 1 yr. 11 months (it's over 3 in FICO-speak). On 8/1 I was expecting AAoA to bump over to 2 yrs. Nope! 1 year, 12 months. It converted after a day or so to 2 yrs.

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Well, go figure. I just got a Scorewatch alert that my score had gone back up 9 points. (It had dropped due to too many accounts with balances.)

The only change from the last one is the 4y 12m thing. I did pull another full report from EQ, and they're still showing that jargon, but the myFICO version says 5 years.

I seriously doubt that going from 4y AAoA/ 21y overall to 5y AAoA/ 21 y overall is good for 9 points, but I haven't yet found what else it might be.

***Oh, I take that back: my PenFed AmEx went from 3 months to 4 months. I wouldn't think that that would be a big factor, but maybe that's part of it. And I was too cheap to pull a SW report back when my score dropped, so I can't see what's different on my negative list between then and now.

Oh, well, good incentive to keep from apping! :smileyvery-happy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}