Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average age of accounts: 4 years, 12 months

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Average age of accounts: 4 years, 12 months

155i7A4F31D73B186824

...from my Equifax Credit Watch Gold report.

D'oh!!! What does a girl have to do to get a 5-year AAoA??? Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Average age of accounts: 4 years, 12 months

Lol. No respect.

Feel comforted in the fact that it doesn't say 1 year and 48 months.

Message 2 of 8
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Must still be using that "new" math.  Smiley Very Happy
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 3 of 8
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Any noticeable rebucketing going on?

Message 4 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, not with 4 years, 12 months! Smiley Very Happy

In fact, I pulled the report in hopes of provoking a new Scorewatch alert. I'm not convinced that that happens (probably not), but what the heck, it was free, or at any rate paid for via EQ Credit Watch Gold.

And I won't get a definitive answer, either, because a couple of extra cards had posted balances last month, and they'll be back to $0 about now. So I won't be able to separate any score change resulting from lowered balances/ fewer accounts with balances from a change from a higher AAoA.

And since my longest history is 21+ years, I don't think I would be rebucketed. I think that I might be a bit less penalized for having my AAoA way shorter than the overall, but I don't even know if that will happen. It hasn't shown as a negative for a long time now.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 8
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

I had this exact same issue happen to me on CreditKarma this past month. I know Creditkarma calculates AAoA differently, but it is odd that we both had the same issue. FOr me it was stuck at 5y12m. I first noticed this ~July 25th or so. I figured it would change with the new month, but on July 29th it updated to 6y. 

Not sure our issues are related, but you might see a change in a couple of days. 

Maybe we stumbled onto the reason Fico rounds down to the nearest whole year--it cannot handle the remainder :-P 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@cobaltnv wrote:

I had this exact same issue happen to me on CreditKarma this past month. I know Creditkarma calculates AAoA differently, but it is odd that we both had the same issue. FOr me it was stuck at 5y12m. I first noticed this ~July 25th or so. I figured it would change with the new month, but on July 29th it updated to 6y. 

Not sure our issues are related, but you might see a change in a couple of days. 

+1 to that for CK. Last month my AAoA with them was 1 yr. 11 months (it's over 3 in FICO-speak). On 8/1 I was expecting AAoA to bump over to 2 yrs. Nope! 1 year, 12 months. It converted after a day or so to 2 yrs.

Message 7 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, go figure. I just got a Scorewatch alert that my score had gone back up 9 points. (It had dropped due to too many accounts with balances.)

The only change from the last one is the 4y 12m thing. I did pull another full report from EQ, and they're still showing that jargon, but the myFICO version says 5 years.

I seriously doubt that going from 4y AAoA/ 21y overall to 5y AAoA/ 21 y overall is good for 9 points, but I haven't yet found what else it might be.

***Oh, I take that back: my PenFed AmEx went from 3 months to 4 months. I wouldn't think that that would be a big factor, but maybe that's part of it. And I was too cheap to pull a SW report back when my score dropped, so I can't see what's different on my negative list between then and now.

Oh, well, good incentive to keep from apping! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.