Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

Avg age lower by 3 years. How many points lost?

I dropped my average from 9 years to 6 years. I hadn't been monitoring my scores at the time. Can anyone guestimate my score before the drop assuming all other factors were the same. Thanks.
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: Avg age lower by 3 years. How many points lost?

What are your three FICO scores now? I wanna guess your scorecard and give you an answer.
Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

fused111 wrote:
What are your three FICO scores now? I wanna guess your scorecard and give you an answer.

My score last year right after the average age drop was 700 with new accounts over 2 months. I know now that 30 points was for inqs and 10 points for new accounts. So probably my score before was 740 but a 740 3 years older would be I don't know. :smileyhappy: Thanks for guessing.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

ilovepizza wrote:
I dropped my average from 9 years to 6 years. I hadn't been monitoring my scores at the time. Can anyone guestimate my score before the drop assuming all other factors were the same. Thanks.

A change in average-age from 9 to 6 years shouldn't be that bad. Even with an average-age of 6 years, you are still boderline FICO score high achiever with this one criteria. I would guess, and this is only a guess, less than a 15 point drop in scores.
Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

It's getting hard for me to gain points. 3-4 points even is a lot to me these days. To me 15 points is a huge number. lol. :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+