Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBB works!

tag
granny031350
Established Contributor

BBB works!

I contacted them about an accout with Drive Financial that was reporting as 2 separate accounts on my Equifax credit report.  Numerous disputes changed nothing.  And when I tried to contact Drive Financial, either couldn't get through on phone or no response in writing.  So I filed a complaint with the BBB.  Well the rep from Drive called me today.  She will call me back Monday to let me know exactly how their reporting department is going to fix this on my credit report.  Hopefully I will see a bump up in my score from having a derogatory account removed.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBB works!

Excellent!  Keep us posted! Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBB works!

The BBB...apparently they have more leverage than I thought.
Message 3 of 4
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: BBB works! update

ok here is an update.  Am looking for advice on how to combat this reasoning.  I have been talking to the rep at Drive Financial.  Very nice and prompt.  First, I discover today that they did a hard pull on my Equifax.  In addition, per their request, I faxed them copies of my credit report showing the account listed twice.  Here is the rep's explanation and she is calling me back on Monday because I am challenging her on the points below and asking for an explanation and she is at a loss to explain it and so runs back to the credit reporting department all the time for explanations.  In addition, I ask why she can't just delete the one account and she said if they do, both will disappear.  What?????   so I would like some advice on how to get this taken care of. 

According to their credit reporting department, the one account was "closed" when I filed BK.  Then they "reopened" another account, with a different account number to show the bankruptcy filing.  This account is suppose to be reporting as active and she told me that once discharged will be changed to "paid" status. 

Now first of all, both accounts are showing as included in BK, IIB.  Secondly how in the world do they need 2 accounts to show that 1 car loan was IIB?   I am at a loss here.

So is there any ruling anywhere that states this is not the way to report this?  None of my other accounts have needed 2 accounts to show it as IIB.  I am at a loss.  Smiley Sad

Message Edited by granny031350 on 04-25-2008 03:22 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.