Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA account such difference in reporting to CRA

tag
freak4tech
New Contributor

BOA account such difference in reporting to CRA

Dont understand these guys. Check out my boa account and see the different info that was reported to the different CRA. How can it vary so much. I want to dispute it but i dont want it to adversely affect my score by them updating it to what EX has reported which seems to be the worst. 

Amex Business Gold NPSL ( 85k internal limit ) - AMEX Everyday $4200 - Chase Freedom $5500 - Discovery it $1300 - BOA Secured $4900 - Cap1 Sparks $1250 - Cap1 Spark Business $1500

2/18/2015
Fico EQ 682 - EX 691 - TU 699
1 boa baddie from 10/08 dying to get this removed
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA account such difference in reporting to CRA

For the most part they agree in what they are reporting it is a paid charge off. Not sure what differences you see that you want to dispute. In my opinion I do not see anthing worth disputing doing so could make this account apprear more recent than it is and hurt your score.  I would not dispute and let it fall off in a couple of years.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: BOA account such difference in reporting to CRA

Reporting is not required to be consistent with each CRA.  What is required is that reporting must not knowingly be inaccurate.

A creditor can make their first reporting that of a 30-late, a 60-late, etc., or forgo reporting of any monthly delinquencies, and simply report a CO or collection referral.

Their reporting to TU chose to report only the CO.

The issue for any dispute would be whether the account was actually delinquent in any month at least at the asserted level.

Disputing could very well lead to update with each CRA that piles on each and every delinquency from 30-late on.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.