Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BS...scores went down.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BS...scores went down.

ok, so one year or so after bk, i pulled the scores 6 or so months ago to find i was near 700 on tu, 700+ on ex and mid 600's on eq...that was 6 months/7 months ago.

i pulled them today, and tu was 638, ex 676, and eq 668 (consistent on that one).....nothing has changed as i was checking each account detail except for the fact that it's six months later.....im actually using only 3 percent of credit, and always on time.  bk was discharged 07/07.

what does a guy have to do.  tu is saying recent missed payment and when i clickon that , number of months of recent missed payment happened 0 months ago...basically is none. all of the inquiries have been removed so no inquiries for like a year......

do i need to get an installment loan or something?  with these scores, i find that impossible.

i was planning on trying to get a car loan, is why i pulled the scores, but now im feeling discouraged since i was expecting to be near 700's already and this happens.  i really don't feel like getting a 15-20 apr on a loan if i'll be putting 20-30 percent down.  this is too discouraging.  especially in this economy, i can't be sure of anything certain.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MizzB
Regular Contributor

Re: BS...scores went down.

I'm pretty sure you'll qualify with an auto loan with no problems. Although your scores are not where they used to be, I believe there still high enough to qualify for a decent rate. Do you belong to a Credit Union? They'll probably give you the best financing terms. You can also research credit decisions at Who gave me credit.com http://whogavemecredit.com/index.php?page=search.php&srch=score. You can type in your credit score and see who approved/denied credit in that score range.
*********************************************************************************
Current Score (04/20/20): EQ:673; TU: 691; EX: 688 (FICO)
Starting Score (01/20/17): EQ:511 (FICO); TU: 521 (FAKO)
CapOne QS MC: $10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $14.5K | OpenSky Visa: $500 | Green Dot MC $300 | Green Dot MC2: $300 | AMEX Gold CC: NPSL | AMEX Platinum CC: NPSL | Amex Gold Delta Skymiles: $3k | DiscoverIT Chrome: $5.6K
Message 2 of 6
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Where did you get these scores from?  Consumers can't purchase their Experian scores any longer.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

directly from experian sight...esperian, and this site, the other two.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something else has to have changed.  Have you not used any credit in the last 6 months? Missed some payments, had credit limit decreases? If you were keeping the accounts active and making payments on time then your scores should at least be consistent.

Ex. does not sell FICO scores directly to the public, only FAKO, it's not possible to get those for yourself any longer only lenders can.

Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

whoisjohngalt7 wrote:
directly from experian sight...esperian, and this site, the other two.

So the EQ and TU are FICO's. I'm assuming the first batch of scores from six months ago were all FICO's from here?

You can't compare the two EX scores, since they're from different formulas. Your real EX FICO might have gone up, down, or stayed about the same.

Your EQ FICO is improving --congrats!

So it's your TU FICO that has dropped. Do you still have the score report on that one from six months ago? If so, print it out, along with the new one, and compare them line by line. Look for balances, number of accounts with balances, matching dates, matching descriptions (especially of derogs), whether oldest account on the older report is still there now, etc.

What were the negatives (screen 2) on the older report, and what are the negatives on this report?

As for the non-existent current late, if the formula thinks there is one, it would drop your score 50 points, just like that. I'd call FICO CS today and ask them to look at your TU report to figure what's creating that. Your scores are calculated from your full reports maintained at the bureaus, not from the report that you get here, so you'll probably want to pull your full TU as well.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.