Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUMMER.... Experian

tag
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

BUMMER.... Experian

currently have a 731 score (realize its not real) and a TL for 2500 just showed up as paid off bring my total utl way down and the score didnt move and inch :-(

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BUMMER.... Experian

Never ever worry about a FAKO silly score not budging an inch.

When your FAKO scores doesn't move; your FICO might move up, move down or stay the same.

When your FAKO scores move up, your FICO might move down, stay the same or move up.

When your FAKO scores move down; your FICO might move up, stay the same or move down.

Ignore the FAKO scores - they can be off by 100 points. I'll add a few FAKO/FICO data points, confirming that FAKO's and FICO's behave differently. They are built on different algorithms which create different scores - in addition, the scores change in diverse directions and for diverse reasons. A FAKO increase/decrease does NOT yield a FICO increase/decrease. If you check both of our mortgage scores and my current scores, you'll see a distinct lack of correlations.

My mortgage pull:
FICO:  EQ 708 EX 720 TU 730
fako:  EQ 764 EX 679 TU 739

DH's mortgage pull:
FICO:  EQ 774 EX 690 TU 735
fako:  EQ 761 EX 762 TU 735

My recent:
FICO:  EQ 711 EX 723 TU 723
fako:  EQ 771 EX 792 TU 780

I've pulled tons of fako scores (I go through phases where I like to have credit monitoring services of various sorts). It doesn't matter who the source is. I've learned to ignore the FAKO scores and the advice that accompanies them. I don't read them anymore. I did for a long time, trying to discern any possible connection, but the reality is, once again, they are built on different algorithms, they create different scores and they adjust those scores based on differing criteria.

Congratulations on your debt pay off and bringing your utilization way down!!!!  WTG!!!

Message 2 of 6
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

its stinks you cant get a true picture from EX because I would like to apply for one more card but dont want to burn another inq.

Does chase offer a soft "pre app" option anywhere?

Message 3 of 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I also want to say congrats on the large payoff!  :0)

Do you know what your TU & EQ FICO's are??  There are some cards out there that pull EQ or TU exclusively.  Sometimes it depends on the State you live in (here, we all keep residence in the "state of confusion", but that's another story!). 

What state do you live in & what are your FICO's?  If you have recent ones.....

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 6
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

I live in FL. I have yet to pull from Fico but its going to happen soon.

In the next 8 days all TL should report zero except for one with a 90 balance on a $2900 card.

My 32,000 car loan will also be shown as paid off so in the last 30 days I have eliminated about

38k in debt !  HAPPY

I really want out of the credit builder card syndrome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@aleicgrant wrote:

I live in FL. I have yet to pull from Fico but its going to happen soon.

In the next 8 days all TL should report zero except for one with a 90 balance on a $2900 card.

My 32,000 car loan will also be shown as paid off so in the last 30 days I have eliminated about

38k in debt !  HAPPY

I really want out of the credit builder card syndrome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful! Now they can come begging for your business, instead of the other way around. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.