cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Credit to No Credit? Myfico can't pull a credit score for me...

tag
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

Bad Credit to No Credit? Myfico can't pull a credit score for me...

I've been trying to clean up my credit...long road.

At its worst, my report included a Bank of America credit card, closed by BOA due to 3 months of missed minimum payments, with a balance of $6,000. It also had 1 collection thing on it. The icing on the cake was that the Bank of America credit card was my only line of credit open (no car loan, no other credit cards, etc.), and it was my longest held account (I think approx. 7 years).

Well, I disputed the collection agency item and it's removed (they couldn't verify the debt). The debt with Bank of America was paid off over a year ago, in full.

Now, when I try to pay the $15.95 for a credit report and score from this website, whether through Equifax or TransUnion, it says that there's not enough info to do it. I have copies of my credit reports, without scores, though (the free ones you can get from Equifax/Transunion/Experian)

Does this mean my credit is now "no credit" instead of "really low credit"?

(A side note: I just opened up a new unsecured card through Orchard, so that should at least put something on there...)

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bad Credit to No Credit? Myfico can't pull a credit score for me...

In order for a FICO® score to be calculated, a credit report must contain these minimum requirements:

• At least one account that has been open for six months or more
  • At least one undisputed account that has been reported to the credit bureau with in the past six months
  • No indication of deceased on the credit report (Please note: if you share an account with another person this may affect you if the other account holder is reported deceased).

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.