Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad for Credit Score If...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bad for Credit Score If...

I paid off my balance before statement date every month? Meaning 0 balance would be reported to credit bureaus each month but wouldn't the actual payment amount be shown on the report with the the "OK(s)"? Wouldn't that be good?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Bad for Credit Score If...

@Anonymous wrote:

I paid off my balance before statement date every month? Meaning 0 balance would be reported to credit bureaus each month but wouldn't the actual payment amount be shown on the report with the the "OK(s)"? Wouldn't that be good?

It depends on the creditor and the credit bureau as to what is reported. Sometimes the amount you paid is reported, but sometimes it isn't. You shoukld look at one of your credit reports and see exactly what is and isn't reported in that case.

However, paying all cards to $0 before the amount reports wilnot give an optimal FICO score. Read this post for more details: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/How-do-I-play-the-1-9-Utilization-Game-Please-Help/m-p/2471257#M199479

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 2 of 3
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Bad for Credit Score If...

As stated mostly no. it will not show. but it will show a high usage. example if the most you used 500. it will show on your report.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.