cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baddie deleted, when does EX FICO update?

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Baddie deleted, when does EX FICO update?

You may want to ask that over in the Credit Card Board. Amex certainly is unpredictable right now. Like many CCs, Amex doesn't like to see new credit or inquiries. But putting some distance between you and the 30 day is good too. If I was in that situation, I would GW like mad to remove the 30, take the score drop when both of those CCs report, and wait 6-12 months and watch my FICOs rebound. Hopefully by then the 30 would be gone and Amex shouldn't ding me for the new credit or inquiries.

Side note, IMO, I wouldn't app for Amex. In my book, they rank just above Orchard.
Message 11 of 13
brother7
Established Contributor

I'll followup in the CC board. Thanks for the advice.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 12 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Oh, absolutely, wait until that 30-day goes over a year before applying with anybody (longer if you can stand it.)

No point in shooting your foot off. Get yourself shined up as best you can before apping.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.