Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baddie falling off question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Baddie falling off question?

Hello guys, I have a question or two.  If the OC account that was charge off falls of a CR. About how much longer would the collection agency 

assigned to said ACCT stay on the CR until that falls off as well?

i.e.  If a NEG was on my CR twice, once as the original ACCT and again as a collection. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Baddie falling off question?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello guys, I have a question or two.  If the OC account that was charge off falls of a CR. About how much longer would the collection agency 

i.e.  If a NEG was on my CR twice, once as the original ACCT and again as a collection. 

Thanks

7.5 years from the Date of First Deliquency (DOFD) typically... I have one that looks suspiciously like it's coming off at 7 years post DOFD according to the bureau but I'm not poking the bear on that one.  Anyway, if you look at the OC tradeline there will likely be something like OK OK 30 60 90 120 150 CLS or similar, the date just before the 30+ day late leading up to the closure and subsequent placing out for collection, then 7.5 years from that point is when it should drop.

        
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Baddie falling off question?

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

7.5 years from the Date of First Deliquency (DOFD) typically... I have one that looks suspiciously like it's coming off at 7 years post DOFD according to the bureau but I'm not poking the bear on that one.  Anyway, if you look at the OC tradeline there will likely be something like OK OK 30 60 90 120 150 CLS or similar, the date just before the 30+ day late leading up to the closure and subsequent placing out for collection, then 7.5 years from that point is when it should drop.

Thank you. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.