Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baddies turning 2 years old?

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Baddies turning 2 years old?

i have 4 accounts with several 60, 90, 120 day lates turning 2 years old soon. (about 30-40 late payments total)..i have heard that after baddies turn 2 years old they do not effect your score that much. these 4 accounts have been current for almost 2 years now and i can almost see ALL GREEN boxes for the them on myfico. how many points should i get when these accounts turn 2 years old? all baddies will be turning 2 years old at about the same time, will i see a big boost? 20 pts? 50pts? 70pts? someone help me out on this.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Baddies turning 2 years old?

Do you have anything "younger" than two years? --Oh, OK, looks like they all turn two at pretty much the same time.

If these were only 30's or 60's, it might be different, but since there are 90's and 120's (serious derogs) in there, I don't think you'll see a huge change. 20 points, max. When my most recent 30-day turned 2, I got maybe 10 points.

But we all know that things vary by the individual reports.

And with no derogs within the last 24 months, you should be a lot more attractive to lenders. They generally focus more on recent (= within two years) history.

Congrats on two years of the straight and narrow!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Baddies turning 2 years old?

For what it is worth, here is my two cents.

Once a derog hits 90+,it is a major delinquency.  My experience in modeling is that the effect of a 90+ decays linearly at approx one point a month max  for each, with no major "bump" at two years.

If all four accounts show major derogs in the past, I would anticipate no more than 4 pts a month based soley upon aging of the derogs.  But, of course, you may gain a point or so per month due to increase of their aging in your AAoA

I would realistically only expect a max of 5 pts per month.  But just my opinion.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.