Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baddies

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Baddies

When are they removed to the point lenders don't care about them any more? I know it's two years to be completely off the report, but would it be 1 year until they don't really look at them?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Baddies

All lenders are different but if they are on the report, they are being factored in and being 'cared about' in one way or another.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on the baddies you're referring too.

Inquiries last for two years, but stop hurting your score after a year. However, some inquiry-sensitive lenders may still consider those. Then there's people who have 40-50 inquiries and still get awesome approvals.

If we're talking BKs, COs, lates and collections... those stay on your reports for MUCH longer and carry an impact for much longer. Again, some lenders are much more forgiving than others. Medical collections are counting for less than they used too.

YMMV with these things depending on your profile and the lenders you're working or trying to work with.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Inquiries last for two years, but stop hurting your score after a year. However, some inquiry-sensitive lenders may still consider those. Then there's people who have 40-50 inquiries and still get awesome approvals.

If we're talking BKs, COs, lates and collections... those stay on your reports for MUCH longer and carry an impact for much longer. Again, some lenders are much more forgiving than others. Medical collections are counting for less than they used too.

YMMV with these things depending on your profile and the lenders you're working or trying to work with.

I agree completely. I will also add that when it comes to late payments, the 30 and 60 day lates stop hurting your score so much as time goes on (usually after a year or 2), but 90+ day lates will continue to damage your score the entire time until they fall off in 7.5 years.

Message 4 of 5
dman23
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree completely. I will also add that when it comes to late payments, the 30 and 60 day lates stop hurting your score so much as time goes on (usually after a year or 2), but 90+ day lates will continue to damage your score the entire time until they fall off in 7.5 years.

I agree too. I had a 90 day late fall off after 6 years and 10 months and my scores popped 29 points. The lates stay on your report up to 7 years.

myFico Score Experian: Start (4/21/14) 626 Current (5/7/16) 841
myFico Score Equifax: Start (4/30/14) 694 Current (5/6/16) 838
myFico Score Transunion Start (5/01/2014) 727 Current (5/7/16) 842
Discover (4/24/14) 659 (5/5/16) 842
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.