Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Decrese = Score Drop?

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Balance Decrese = Score Drop?

@estrickland1 wrote:

There's nothing else that could have caused it. The alert said "change in score" then listed the balance decrease. No new inquiries. No new accounts (since the last update). No negatives reported on EX. 

Starting Score: EX 655, TU 583, EQ 598
Current Score: EX 637, TU 638, EQ 637

Hrm if those are FICO 8 scores, why are they so low if you're clean on EX?

If it's a recently established file there's all sorts of wierdness potentially but that'll all straighten out with time.  Clean files on FICO 8 tend to get to 750 on the first year pretty easily if they don't continue to apply for things, and we've had people hit 800 on two years AAOA... though I don't know what their age of oldest account was to do that.

        
Message 11 of 12
estrickland1
New Contributor

Re: Balance Decrese = Score Drop?

@Revelate wrote:

@estrickland1 wrote:

There's nothing else that could have caused it. The alert said "change in score" then listed the balance decrease. No new inquiries. No new accounts (since the last update). No negatives reported on EX. 

Current Score: EX 637, TU 638, EQ 637

Hrm if those are FICO 8 scores, why are they so low if you're clean on EX?

If it's a recently established file there's all sorts of wierdness potentially but that'll all straighten out with time.  Clean files on FICO 8 tend to get to 750 on the first year pretty easily if they don't continue to apply for things, and we've had people hit 800 on two years AAOA... though I don't know what their age of oldest account was to do that.

I have no negatives (other than old, closed, dead, no longer reporting since 2011 student loans) on my EX. On TU and EQ I have a medical bill that is incorrect and another collection that was paid but hasn't been removed yet.

TU and EQ are going up and up while EX is dropping.

Current Score: EX 651, TU 662, EQ 640
Goal Score: 700s
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.