cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance decreased $75, FICO EQ dropped 2 pts?

tag
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Balance decreased $75, FICO EQ dropped 2 pts?

I assumed it would go up a few pts. I let the $75 report on my BOA but paid in full before the due date. Now down 2 pts?

Also, I was an AU on a CapOne card, and when the balance (that was being carried) was paid off, score increased 20 pts. 

I'm going to let a balance report on my CapOne that I have by myself next month. Should I see a few pt increase? It seems EQ wants to see regular balances reporting. As I mentioned in another thread, they seem to be very sensitive to report changes. 

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Balance decreased $75, FICO EQ dropped 2 pts?

Also, FICO says this this was the specific reason for the score drop. I'd hate to see a score with no balances reporting on any type of account. Smiley Mad

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 2 of 5
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Steelersboy wrote:

I assumed it would go up a few pts. I let the $75 report on my BOA but paid in full before the due date. Now down 2 pts?

Also, I was an AU on a CapOne card, and when the balance (that was being carried) was paid off, score increased 20 pts. 

I'm going to let a balance report on my CapOne that I have by myself next month. Should I see a few pt increase? It seems EQ wants to see regular balances reporting. As I mentioned in another thread, they seem to be very sensitive to report changes. 

I got similar little dings on equifax fico score from paying off my cap one and amex cards earlier in the month, it said something about was making heavy use of revolving debt or something to that effect.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 5
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Steelersboy wrote:

I got similar little dings on equifax fico score from paying off my cap one and amex cards earlier in the month, it said something about was making heavy use of revolving debt or something to that effect.

mine didnt even give any other reason, TU and EX arent as sensitive.

Message 4 of 5
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

funny thing is that i have student loans and a car note reporting, so i have accounts with balances, but it seems revolving debt is critical with eq, so i guess I'll just keep a balance reporting on one card. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.