New Visitor
barblsh

Balance is blank or N/A on IIB accts

I have been researching this board for a few hours so forgive me if this is answered somewhere.

I have several IIB accts listed correctly as IIB, but the balance is blank. (And often the past due line is blank).  I understand  since the BK is discharged the balance should be $0.  Is the blank balance affecting my score negatively?  I'm afraid that creditors may see this as there is a balance, it is just unknown. Is this better left alone? My one thought is to dispute as not 100% accurate without a balance listed and should be deleted. 

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Barb
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

Re: Balance is blank or N/A on IIB accts

Is it showing as closed? I would dispute it as inaccurate, and specifically state that it's not showing a $0 balance.

There's a couple of useful reads about post BK CR reporting here.

And I believe a few more on the MyFairCredit BK forum.

Regular Contributor
Skiffy

Re: Balance is blank or N/A on IIB accts

Blank sounds a lot like $0 to me. As long as it's not reporting a balance due, I think it's accurate.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}