cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance reported score dropped. Got a 2nd card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Balance reported score dropped. Got a 2nd card.

Hi everoyone.

So background.
I have one card, which is a 1 year old secured card with a limit of 500$. First it was 250$ then bank raised it to 500$.
Score was about a month ago 710, went down to 705 after hard inquiry.

I changed my due date to may 16 and for some reason my bill took longer to come up, so i ended up with a balance of 125$ reported 2-3days ago. Just under 30%. All the time i paid my card bill on time and it always reported 0$
Anyhow, because of this myscore went down by 15points on equifax. Transunion stayed the same.

However, a month ago i got added as an auth user to a credit card.
And today my score on equifax went from 690 to 737 - increase of 47
However on transunion which was at 705 it went up to 737 only.

Will those 15points that i lost on equifax eventually come back making the total score to 760?

And, do you guys think i should get another card(not secured) now that my score went up or wait?

Whenever i checked with my bank if i prequalified for credit cards(capital one) it said that i did not. Score was 710.
3 REPLIES 3
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: Balance reported score dropped. Got a 2nd card.

Since there is no mention of Equifax, where are you obtaining your scores? 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use transunion and equifax from credit karma. I think i mentioned it on my other post
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousI use transunion and equifax from credit karma. I think i mentioned it on my other post

Credit Karma does not provide FICO scores and FICO scores are what most lenders use.  The Vantage Scores provided by CK are useless and should be ignored.  You'll want to get your hands on your FICO scores to see where you really stand.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.