cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance update on Old ATT Phone Bill Question

tag
Gulfbluerag

Balance update on Old ATT Phone Bill Question

I'm new here and have a scenario I need you help with.  

• May 2007 moved from home, thought I called ATT and disconnected my service.  Apparently I did not.  I did not forward my mail. Made final payment on the account of $50.
  • ATT kept line open and charged 45/month for the next 12 months
  • June 2008 - ATT issued final bill and closed account. Which I never received. 
  • March 2011 - debt sold to AFNI 
  • June 2011 reported to the CRAs
  • Jan 2014 - contacted ATT directly to dispute charges.   They agreed to give me a 100 courtesy credit but that's all.  The bill was 500.

Questions:

1. Will ATTs update of the balance affect my score?  
  2. Should I pay the Balance or let it age off?  6/2008 Is the DOFD.  Should it be 5/2007? 
  3. If I pay.  Who OC or CA?  They both have stated they will accept payment But confirmed they will update my account as paid in full.  Will not Pay for Delete! 

My score is in the low 600s with Teansunion showing 632 here and I need all the score boost I can get as I am trying to buy a house this summer!  

Will provide info more info if needed!  Thanks for the help. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Balance update on Old ATT Phone Bill Question

I would try what is called a pay for delete.  Here is a link that will give you more information

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/...

Hope this helps

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 3
GFer
Valued Contributor

Re: Balance update on Old ATT Phone Bill Question

@AndySoCal wrote:

I would try what is called a pay for delete.  Here is a link that will give you more information

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/...

Hope this helps

+1

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.