New Visitor
Lisa-Better-Credit-Score

Bank of America Payoff or Settlement

Hello I got in over my head with Credit Card debt 2 years ago. My credit was good. Then I signed up with Family Credit Counseling (was Christian Credit Counseling) and my credit rating went crazy. I was on time with my payments, and they had a hurricane and the payments were not made to my creditors on time. There is a Civil Action suit against them right now. Besides the late payments that did not negotiate with my creditors, and get the payment plans established like they said they would. Many of my debts were turned over to collections agencies.

I still have the Bank of America account, which they have tacked on high interest and penalities. I originally owed $3200. I have paid $1600, but they are still showing that I owe appx. $3300. I called BofA and they will settle or let me pay off. I don't feel that I owe them the $3300, and they should settle for a smaller amount, and if I settle then I'm worried how it will affect my credit score. I want to buy another house in 2 years. I have not been late with my current mortgage.

Thank you,

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}