Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America scoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America scoring

Ok, I'm confused, well more than normally.

I got two Bank of America cards on the 5th and on the 11th. I received two letters today giving me my credit score information. They both source as Experian and they both say 834 and that the range is 300-850. On here my Experian score is 806 and hasn't moved. I looked at the other versions and the only one that comes close is the Fico Bankcard Score 8 which is 837, but the range is 250-900.

Anybody have any idea of what scoring system BofA is using or why there is such a large difference?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America scoring

Looks like they used EX Bankcard 08......carry on....nothing to see here. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@racer-x wrote:

Looks like they used EX Bankcard 08......carry on....nothing to see here. Smiley Happy

You had to do it, you just had to go and do it.....

You made me go look at the Many Flavors of Fico thread.

Now my brain hurts.....Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

You had to do it, you just had to go and do it.....

You made me go look at the Many Flavors of Fico thread.

Now my brain hurts.....Smiley Frustrated

Hey Omne,  how hard was it to get the Simmons card?  Make you go thru any hoops to get it?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, I had to provide various documents. From what I remember, it's been a couple of years, I needed paystubs, tax transcript, photo ID, proof of residency such as utility bills.

I saw it more as a challenge since I used to have credit problems.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should add that Iberia wanted a lot of the same things.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.