Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banks that use FICO 9 scores

tag
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Re: Banks that use FICO 9 scores

My bank in Southern Alabama, Redstone Federal Credit Union, uses the Experian FICO 9 scores. There are signs posted in the offices of the reps and loan officers that specifies this. If you have a loan product, you also have access to the FICO 9 score on their website. 

My FICO 9 Experian score is a 645, whereas my FICO 8 Experian score is a 654, not too much of a difference, but the FICO 8 is higher than the FICO 9 at this point.

Just sharing!!! 

Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 11 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Sema-J wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Sema-J wrote:

Just applied for a Visa Signature card with Alliant CU - they use FICO 9 (TU) - which for me was 40 points!!!! lower than FICO 8. At time of application TU FICO 8 - 649; TU FICO 9 609.  Ouch!!

Obviously I was denied - so I am going to Recon today.  I'll be sure to update the post with results, and I'll also be sure to let them know that FICO 9 has a large discrepancy.

Thanks for the datapoint!  I had gotten a pre-approval for that card in an email, which seems unlikely if they're looking at my TU which is not a great FICO 9 score but maybe they're still looking at my EQ which is absurdly high heh.

Did it explicitly say FICO on the letter?

Happy to provide info, Revelate.

Does not say FICO on the letter - Just TU.  However, I confirmed with the underwriter and the CSR that they were looking at my TU FICO 9 score - also, the 609 they provided in the letter matched my TU FICO 9.  40 points is a HUGE hit!

I also found out that they stopped using EQ and now only pull TU.  I had asked them to pull EX, but they refused, saying that they couldn't do that, and I had to wait 30 days.  Pretty rough treatment for a CU that I hold in the highest regard.  I have been with them for a while, so it was a little surprising - and actually hurtful! :-(

Let me know how it goes for you.  3% cash back is an AWESOME deal.

Neat!

Re: 3% CB - Well um yeah, I'm already rocking the CSR/FU combo and am on a work project travelling the world so a lot of my expenses fall straight to the CSR's travel/restaurant categories.  Also sitting on the JCB Makurai card, which is like 2.9% for $35 already if I wind up back in cash-back mode at some point.  

It's a good card with a very good intro offer, but while it's on par with some things it's not clearly better than existing products is the way I see it.

        
Message 12 of 18
EW800
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Who's using the new FICO 9 scores? Is everyone going to convert or is it a select few that use the FICO 9? I ask because my scores are great with the FICO 9 in comparison to 8 or any other scores.

Lenders are trialing it now apparently, but I don't think we've seen any lender give a FICO 9 out on an application... I would've thought we'd have seen some given the disparity in many people's files for paid collections and possibly paid tax liens.  My EQ FICO 9 is stupidly high compared to the rest of my FICO scores (FICO 9 industry options notwithstanding).

There's probably some smaller lenders which are using it, but none of the gorillas as of yet.

I am right there with you, Revelate.  My Fico 9 socres are all about 45 points higher than my Fico 8 scores.  I would love to see Fico 9 become more of the standard.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 13 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@EW800 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Who's using the new FICO 9 scores? Is everyone going to convert or is it a select few that use the FICO 9? I ask because my scores are great with the FICO 9 in comparison to 8 or any other scores.

Lenders are trialing it now apparently, but I don't think we've seen any lender give a FICO 9 out on an application... I would've thought we'd have seen some given the disparity in many people's files for paid collections and possibly paid tax liens.  My EQ FICO 9 is stupidly high compared to the rest of my FICO scores (FICO 9 industry options notwithstanding).

There's probably some smaller lenders which are using it, but none of the gorillas as of yet.

I am right there with you, Revelate.  My Fico 9 socres are all about 45 points higher than my Fico 8 scores.  I would love to see Fico 9 become more of the standard.  

Hah, well it struck me as funny in that in the pre-approval for Alliant it said "because of your excellent credit" to which I was scratching my head on, until I remembered this thread where they stated it was FICO 9.

Sad thing is when my tax lien came off Experian, my FICO 9 score apparently went down by some amount, go go rebucketing.

        
Message 14 of 18
EW800
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Sad thing is when my tax lien came off Experian, my FICO 9 score apparently went down by some amount, go go rebucketing.

Your tax lien came off and Fico 9 score went down?  That would be frustrating....  What do you make of that?  I would think that you would have gone into a bucket that would be a positive!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 15 of 18
EW800
Valued Contributor

Revelate, I noticed in your signature that you goal is to be 800 or so by January.  Should you be completely clean by then?  I am looking forward to high-fiving you when it happens!   Smiley Happy

I think you know my story pretty well.  I should be completely clean from the foreclosure and credit card settlement about mid to late summer of next year (depending on EE successes), so roughly 16 months or so from now.  Like you, I am really looking forward to seeing what my scores do when these baddies fall off.  

Message 16 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@EW800 wrote:

Revelate, I noticed in your signature that you goal is to be 800 or so by January.  Should you be completely clean by then?  I am looking forward to high-fiving you when it happens!   Smiley Happy

I think you know my story pretty well.  I should be completely clean from the foreclosure and credit card settlement about mid to late summer of next year (depending on EE successes), so roughly 16 months or so from now.  Like you, I am really looking forward to seeing what my scores do when these baddies fall off.  

Yup!  Should be on EX/EQ depending when my tax lien gets whacked either by NCAP, EE, or plain old aging off those two bureaus.

The FICO 9 drop depending on the range of the dirty scorecards is pretty easy: I was in lien + 30D + 30/60D status, and apparently I score pretty well there as EX FICO 9 was 780-790, guess I should go look that up.

I didn't lose a slew of points, was still north of 770, but I'm probably close to as good as it gets in delinquency + PR bucket, but with the 3 lates including one being a 60 day, I scored presumably less well on the deliquency only bucket... this is on the assumption the deliquency only scorecard has a higher max in it's range at least.  It'll be interesting to see what happens if my lien comes off again before my lates, as seeing a few differences on FICO 8 now that I'm down to just the 30/60D but not enough to start explaining it really.

        
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have paid previously defaulted student loans - they are my only negative. My FICO 9's are 40+ points higher than my FICO 8's; they are all over 700. I don't think that is your actual issue.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.