Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's FICO vs Walmart's??

tag
sunshine7624
New Contributor

Barclay's FICO vs Walmart's??

Sorry if this is a repeat topic but with the free FICO scores that Barclay and Walmart give when you have a card with them, why are they different?  My Barclays FICO score for May was 704 but the FICO Walmart provided for May was 666 and both are pulled/posted around the same time of the month (I'm guessing?)  Aren't they both the Transunion scores?  Just wondering if anyone has noticed the same thing and/or what's reasoning behind it.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay's FICO vs Walmart's??

@aqualuv74 wrote:

Sorry if this is a repeat topic but with the free FICO scores that Barclay and Walmart give when you have a card with them, why are they different?  My Barclays FICO score for May was 704 but the FICO Walmart provided for May was 666 and both are pulled/posted around the same time of the month (I'm guessing?)  Aren't they both the Transunion scores?  Just wondering if anyone has noticed the same thing and/or what's reasoning behind it.

They are identical models; something may have changed or there might be some oddity like we see in some people's reports here.  There should be dates on both pulls in the interfaces.

        
Message 2 of 8
sunshine7624
New Contributor

Yes the date for the Walmart score was May 4 and the date for the Barclays report is May 6.  Even the history is different, like for April the Walmart score was 664 and the Barclay score was 670, a little closer for April but still different nonetheless.  

Message 3 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@aqualuv74 wrote:

Yes the date for the Walmart score was May 4 and the date for the Barclays report is May 6.  Even the history is different, like for April the Walmart score was 664 and the Barclay score was 670, a little closer for April but still different nonetheless.  

You generally only get a Barclay's score if you get a non-trivial change I believe, in which case it's likely something changed to trigger the score report there.  For me and others they've been identical and they're supposed to be from the TU product perspective... how stable is your report?

        
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@aqualuv74 wrote:

You generally only get a Barclay's score if you get a non-trivial change I believe, in which case it's likely something changed to trigger the score report there.  For me and others they've been identical and they're supposed to be from the TU product perspective... how stable is your report?

my best friend gets both and they tend to match myFICO on the day they are pulled.

Message 5 of 8
sunshine7624
New Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@aqualuv74 wrote:

I guess its moderately stable, I do have lots of inquires and new accounts but why would that cause a discrepancy between the two reports from the same agency that get pulled around the same time? 

Message 6 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@aqualuv74 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@aqualuv74 wrote:

I guess its moderately stable, I do have lots of inquires and new accounts but why would that cause a discrepancy between the two reports from the same agency that get pulled around the same time? 

Scores often drop after an app spree, and then will go up sporadically after that.  Entirely possible crossed some boundary or had your revolving utilization change as a result of a new report or a host of other things.  I wouldn't worry about it, as your report stabilizes (new accounts / inquiries age) they'll likely match just as they do for everyone else.

        
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Barclays score is is 717, and my Discover score is 793. Both are TU Fico 8. The difference is that, even though it's dated 6.03, Barclays pulled an old cached report that shows my tax lien. Discover is the correct, clean report.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.