Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Fico Score

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Barclaycard Fico Score

Has anyone else noticed differences between their Barclaycard Fico score and myfico.com transunion fico score? I checked all three of my scores via myfico and my transunion score is 30 points higher than the barclaycard fico score which is powered by transunion. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Fico Score

Different scoring models Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Barclay is slow to update too...  Mine shows 646 as of 4/19 and it was a 664 here as of 5/1.

I'm going to do another score pull mid month after BECU reports my 7% util decrease.  FICO simulators say I'm looking at a 10 point increase.  Maybe Barclay will have me an updated FICO by then.  Free FICO doesn't mean much to me if you can only get it updated every 45-60 days.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 3 of 8
awiser
Regular Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

Barclay is slow to update too...  Mine shows 646 as of 4/19 and it was a 664 here as of 5/1.

I'm going to do another score pull mid month after BECU reports my 7% util decrease.  FICO simulators say I'm looking at a 10 point increase.  Maybe Barclay will have me an updated FICO by then.  Free FICO doesn't mean much to me if you can only get it updated every 45-60 days.

Barclay's FICO is supposed to update whenever there is a significant change, regardless of what the trend may seem to be. When I was making some changes on my TLs I was notified every few days with score changes.

Message 4 of 8
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

In my case, the dfference isn't really significant. Besides, since they're run on different days, it wouldn't make sense for the scores to be the same, even if they are the same model.

I've only received two reports from Barclays about  2 months apart. My last TU score from myfico was run on 4/30/14 and was 779.

Barcalys was on 5/27/14 and was 792. Makes perfect sense since I paid off a few accounts.

So for me, both TU scores are on the mark. 

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 8
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@ficonightmare wrote:

In my case, the dfference isn't really significant. Besides, since they're run on different days, it wouldn't make sense for the scores to be the same, even if they are the same model.

I've only received two reports from Barclays about  2 months apart. My last TU score from myfico was run on 4/30/14 and was 779.

Barcalys was on 5/27/14 and was 792. Makes perfect sense since I paid off a few accounts.

The myFICO TU model is TU 98, which is antiquated and not really used by anyone anymore. Barclays, and Discover both use the TU'08 model, which is much newer. But there will definitely be a difference between the two.

Message 6 of 8
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@ficonightmare wrote:

The myFICO TU model is TU 98, which is antiquated and not really used by anyone anymore. Barclays, and Discover both use the TU'08 model, which is much newer. But there will definitely be a difference between the two.

Thanks for the info. 
The scores are very similar for me though. A 13 point increase after some some cards were paid off seems about right. 

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 8
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@ficonightmare wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@ficonightmare wrote:

Thanks for the info. 
The scores are very similar for me though. A 13 point increase after some some cards were paid off seems about right. 

Which can certainly happen. Different things can cause different scores, but not always to an extreme. The overall idea has always been risk assessment, they've just fine tuned their models and made changes over the years to improve accuracy and thwart attempts at artificial score inflation.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.